Next class starts: March 31, Thursday, from 6-8pm. REGISTER
Follow on classes begin: May 2, June 6 and July 11, 2016.
Women’s Progressive Handgun Fundamentals – 3 part class.
This class is for women only. If you are ready to take the next step in your training: learning to clear malfunctions, carry, draw and shoot for self defense, this is the class for you.
This class is divided into 3, 2 hour lessons. Class meets the same day every week for 3 weeks.
All students will receive a FREE 30 day range pass on Week 1! (So you can practice between classes!)
If you are a graduate of our Basic Handgun Class, or have taken a similar class in the past, this is the next step in your training.Topics Include:
- Discussion on mindset and legalities.
- Equipment selection: holsters, belts, magazine carriers
- Review of the shooting fundamentals.
- How to safely draw and shoot from the holster.
- Utilizing your gun’s trigger reset.
- One handed shooting, strong and support hand.
- Introduction to moving while shooting.
- How to clear common malfunctions.
- Reloading drills.
- Shooting from cover.
- Multiple target engagement.
- Putting it all together.
- Reliable Semi-auto handgun
- 3 magazines for your handgun
- Pants with belt loops and 1.5″ sturdy belt
- Sturdy, belt holster for your gun
- Single or double magazine holder
- Comfortable shoes, no open toes
- No low cut shirts (brass is hot!)
- 250 rounds of ammunition in your caliber
- 5 Dummy rounds in your caliber.
Prerequisite: Basic Handgun Fundamentals or instructor permission.
Pregnant and nursing women are not allowed to attend classes due to possible health risks.
Firearms Training Classes cannot be returned for refund. A minimum of 10 days notice prior to the start date of your scheduled class is required to request a reschedule. You must call 253-217-3188 to reschedule. Range personnel are unable to reschedule classes. All schedules subject to change.